Thursday, February 7, 2013

Black River, Pizza and a rather un-diet-like Pizza Salad




After last week's meal of kangaroo burgers...


...poor Max got agitated whenever he wore his koala hat around me...


...even though he should have known that I mostly ate chicken (this lovely dish from the Black River Cafe in Oberlin).

This past Sunday, we celebrated my dad's birthday at my mom's house...


...and we all made pizzas from the dough Julia and I brought up from Lorenzo's in Oberlin (you can get a ball of dough for $2.50).

And, although I wasn't eating bread (thanks to the diet)...


...I somehow became the Master Roller and Crust Preparer of almost all of the pizzas.

But this was fine, as I waited until everyone grabbed all the toppings they intended on using so that I could grab my own...


 ...for this decadent PIZZA SALAD!

The pizza salad I prepared consisted of the following ingredients:
  • spinach
  • potato slices
  • roasted peppers
  • sliced marinated roman artichokes
  • green olives
  • pepperoni
  • Italian sausage pieces
  • sauteed onions
  • sun dried tomatoes
  • anchovies
  • cheese
  • a dollop of tomato sauce to bring it all together

 And although it went beyond the typical diet norms with the meats and salty toppings, I can't tell you how wonderful this salad was!

In fact, I only ate half of it so that I could bring the other half home...


 ...adding pickled turnips, banana peppers, capers and a bit more lettuce for a second meal.

I seriously recommend it!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment