Friday, February 1, 2013

A quick jumpin' post AKA my Kangaroo dinner


With the kangaroo meat I acquired from Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati, I decided to make something simple in order to actually taste the meat.  I also wanted the meal to be diet friendly...


...which is why I made burgers mixed with thinly sliced shallots, salt and pepper.

I cooked the burgers slowly at a low-medium heat for 7 minutes on the first side and 5 minutes on the other.

After serving the burger on mixed greens with a side of butternut squash and a pepper/shallot medley...


...dinner was served.

The meat, overall, was very lean and obviously different than beef (maybe closer to grass-finished beef).  It reminded me of elk a bit and I've heard it tastes similar to venison.

I would definitely try it again - hopefully, in Australia.

.




No comments:

Post a Comment