Wednesday, March 27, 2013

An eating success and a cooking failure


Let me start off by saying that eating at Michael and Megan's is always a treat...

...always.

Both are a delight to be around and Michael is a fantastic cook, writer and foodie.

In fact, why not check out his article about stuffed foods in the Cleveland area?



This past Saturday night, my diet took a temporary vacation, as we dined on...


...scallop ceviche...


...and a full-on shrimp boil...


...complete with corn, red skin potatoes, mushrooms, garlic bread...


...and tons of shrimp.

There were three sauces to enjoy...
  • cocktail
  • sriracha mixed with Russian dressing
  • yogurt sauce with hot sauce, chopped garlic and jalapeno peppers, spices
...and I found ways to enjoy them all!

I should also note that I grabbed some garlic cloves that were also boiled with the shrimp and squeezed them on the garlic bread for extra garlic-ness.

Delicious!

The next day, I decided to try cooking something new that I picked up at Heinen's...


...wolffish from Norway.

 
 
A mild white fish, it's often compared in flavor to monk fish and lobster.

As directed by an online recipe, I cooked it in parchment paper with garlic, butter and lemon for 12 minutes at 375, but it wasn't done when I checked it.  

I tried 5 minutes more and 5 minutes more...


...until it was eventually cut up and cooked until complete...

...and I realized I didn't care for it.

Ah well...can't win them all.

That evening, before bed, I treated myself to something I did like...


...bananas with almond butter, drizzled with maple syrup and a dash of salt.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment