Thursday, April 4, 2013

"Eat-ster" at Mom's




With Julia and Max unfortunately still sick from recent colds, I headed up to my mom's for 2 hours for a quick Easter celebration (and to bring back some grub).

Special thanks to my wife for watching Max so I could go up!

For Easter, everyone was supposed to bring something and I was assigned the deviled eggs.

I decided to make two batches...

1.) A normal batch with mayo, mustard and sweet pickle relish


2.) And a gour-met type with mayo, mustard, fresh rosemary, lox and caviar.

Both were rather tasty!

But I am fortunate to be part of a gene pool all rather talented in the culinary arts, which is why I got to enjoy other things like...


 ...a most-delicious beer bread (Jen)...


 ...great potato salad (Aunt Rosemary)...


 ...awesome ham (Mom)...


 ...and a marshmallow and Jello concoction (Aunt Rosemary).


 Add some vegetable casserole (Mom) with it and you have a feast.


We burned off some of the extra calories with some kite-flying...


...only to pack them back on via brownies...


...and excellent white chocolate cheesecake with raspberry topping (Mark).

By the end of it...


...I thought the cat had the right idea.





.



No comments:

Post a Comment