Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Only good diets let you eat (octo)-pi.




In the above picture where Max got to go to his first festival (read about that here), you may possibly see the slightest bit of weight loss in my face.  It would be minimal at best...

...I was only in the diet about 10 days.

Now that today is my 15th day, I can say that I still may not look that much different, but my clothes are definitely fitting in a different way...

...and thank God for that!

Some foods during this diet have continued to be the same, like the pounded chicken cooked in lime/lemon juices...


...which I most recently tried in grapefruit juice (and zest) with a cabbage side.


But, more recently, I have been using more creative ingredients.


The baby octopi were so interesting to look at when defrosted...


...although Max didn't particularly know what to make of them...


...but once their tentacles curled in the bubbling water...


...and they were tender to cut up after 40 minutes...


...I turned them into this flavorful octopus salad with chick peas, olives, parsley, cilantro, green onion and pickled cucumber and onion.

Not too shabby.

I've lost anywhere from 5-7 pounds, depending on the scale and time of day.

Here's to another 15.



No comments:

Post a Comment