Monday, July 14, 2014

Italy 2014 - Part 7 - Padova





 Walking through Padova continued to bring me such delight...


 ...as I passed remembered parts of the town...


 ...and combed the streets for any signs of change.


 Places like Caffe Pedrocchi...




 ...and Il Santo (Saint Anthony's)...

...seemed exactly the same.

 

But the Altino Cinema was now closed...


...the Cuban restaurant was now a Japanese restaurant with a conveyor belt...


 ...a pedestrian area was going in on Portello near me old apartment...


 ...and Lo Spaccone, the neighborhood bar we frequented, had a new name.


 My old apartment building looked the same...


 ...but everything in my neighborhood felt little different from when I lived there...


 ...especially after noticing the Pizza Hut down the street on Via Tiepolo...


 ...gambling machines at the corner bar...


 ...and a few shops that were merely rooms for vending machines.

The nearby business/apartment area where I would wash my clothes at the laundrymat was the saddest place of all...


 ...filled with posted signs...


 ...that threatened the removal of chained bicycles.


At least there was now an Indian restaurant!


Still, it was great to be back in Padova for all the great memories...

 

 ...as too much time had already passed from my last visit.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment