Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Italy 2015 - Part 2 - "Breaking" in the Villa

 Saturday, June 13, 2015

 For our first full day in Lucca, we went into town and Max got to taste his first meringue.

 We were told to have lunch at Trattoria da Leo and I got this delicious boiled tongue and beef with green (parsley, caper, garlic) sauce...


...Mom and Susan got vitello tonnato...


 ...and there were some rather flavorful eggplant pieces.

 Max was just happy that he got to ride the carrousel before we headed back to the villa.

 That evening, I made some stuffed zucchini flowers that were accompanied with zucchini, prosciutto and salad...

 ...and poor Max fell asleep a bit early while watching a program on the IPad.

During dinner, there was another unfortunate occurrence.  When Susan headed to the kitchen to get something, she missed a step in the hallway and fell, hitting the top of her foot in the process.

Her foot swelled immediately and there was talk about going to the emergency room, but it was clear that she didn't want to.

We decided to wait and see how things were in the morning.


Sunday, June 14, 2015


Max woke up early and needed some juice to function.

 I, on the other hand, needed some eggs.

Susan got up and her foot was still swollen, causing pain each time she put pressure on it.

Finally, I convinced her and Julia to go to the Emergency Room... off we went to get checked out by a doctor.

 Now allow me to say here that the visit wasn't all that much fun (surprise!).

Possibly due to the fact that it was a Sunday afternoon, we were here for 6 hours in order to...

...see the doctor to order the X-rays
...get the X-rays
...see the doctor again for the results of the X-ray (only I was allowed in because they didn't speak English very well)
...get the bandages
...check out

 But, even though it wasn't pleasant...

 ...we did end up learning that she had fractures in 3 metatarsals and needed to be bandaged (we also had to get her a boot)...

...and it only cost $124 in taxes for everything.

 So not really a horrible experience.

I even got to help out a German couple by being the English/Italian translator.

When we got home around 9 pm or so, my mom cooked us some grub and we had a very restful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment