Monday, July 13, 2015

Italy 2015 - Part 11 - Venice



Sunday, June 28, 2015




 

Although the next morning started slowly, my realization of the time and the train schedule forced us to run (don't walk) out the door and find a taxi down the street.

Within minutes, we made it to the train station, where we bought kilometer tickets from the magazine kiosk (40 km to Venice) and ran to the track...

...to find the train was 10 minutes late and we had all the time in the world.

When we got to Venice, Julia went off to the Biennale while Max and I had a lunch date at Ivo and Rossella's.

It had been YEARS since I've navigated the calli of Venice...

 

 ...but I somehow found my favorite bar and desserts (for bringing to the meal)...


 ...and it was easy enough to find familiar sites...


 ...as if I had the navigational sense of a carrier pigeon.


 Unfortunately, I had doubts when I passed this final passage because I couldn't see a small courtyard I remembered...


...so I continued on and realized immediately that I made some kind of error.

But I called and Ivo came out to get me (he probably even heard me making the phone call from his window - I was THAT close).

I'll remember next time.


 We had a lovely meal of pasta with shrimp and zucchini, followed by meat, salad...


 ...and samplings of the desserts I brought.


 Max took a 2 hour nap on the couch...


...and then we all took a stroll to pick up Julia...


...stopping by this art gallery...

 

...and the entrance to the Arsenale...


...where Max was in love with all the lions.


 Ivo and Rossella got to meet Julia before Julia, Max and I split off...


...taking in some sites of Venice...


 ...hamming it up...


 ...getting some cute shots...


 ...and just enjoying our time together in general.

After a vaporetto (water taxi) back to the station...


 ...we hopped on our train...



 ...and went back to Padua, grabbing some sushi before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment