Monday, November 19, 2012

It’s the most wonderful time, of the year - Blog Swap with John O'Brien



The Ohio BloggingAssociation All State Swap

On this day, bloggers from around the great state of Ohio are guest posting on one another's blogs as a way to help one another in our blogging community. I am happy to introduce you to John O'Brien of the blog Songs and Stories (along with other sites you can see at the bottom of this posting).  I hope you enjoy it.  It's a really sweet post.

Thanks, John!

Meanwhile, John was kind enough to publish my post on his blog, which you can see here.  Check it out!  There are plenty of pics!

For all the other bloggers participating, please check out Ohio Blog. Association yogi, Alicia Hansen (Poise in Parma), who is listing all of these great bloggers.  Check them out too!

- Kristian

It’s the most wonderful time, of the year


I can’t decide which holiday I like more.  Thanksgiving is family, food and football, but most of all, being aware of, and thankful for, all the gifts in your life.  Self-awareness is good; crafting gratefulness in the everyday little blessings take a bit more vision and banning of blinders. In a world that often can’t get further than the mirror, the touch of glass isn’t a window to your soul, it’s a door, if you can see past the pane. 

My folks are immigrants. Growing up we had no relatives in the U.S., but today I am so blessed as to have 17 nieces and nephews, aged 7 to 27.  Tho I have no kids, Christmas rocks! And hurts, in the space between breathing in and out.  They are my family, yet, I have no family of my own. Holidays are joy to my heart, and so piercingly painful, all in that same in and out.   

From a good wrastle to a good wine, memories of Christmas are what we are giving to these fun and funny kids, so they will associate the day with great laughter, great hugs and great warmth, all that family should be. We’re creating their past, before they grow to families of their own.

Mangiamoh (AKA Kristian) has a baby boy, just starting out.  Appreciate your kids, love them of course, but appreciate them, live in the moment with them. Create moments worth memories, for you, and for your children, full of love, full of guidance, full of laughter. Take lotsa photos, videos and record the memories you create. The moments will blur in the march of time, the feelings won’t.

It is Thanksgiving Thursday, also my birthday.  I am grateful, I am blessed; I am the last of my line. 


Starting out, circa 1970 
 .
 

Mom & Dad’s 50th Wedding Anniversary, 2010


Please share your story with me; thank you for allowing me to share mine with you.  Follow me, where I go:
 .

1 comment:

  1. John,

    I couldn't agree more with your comments. Time goes so quickly. I look into the faces of my children and although they are still young, I can't believe have fast the last 6 years have gone. It is so worth it to slow down and take the time to enjoy the simple moments.

    Thanks for sharing and for your words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete