Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend 2012



 

 Mere days after I was eating a simple zucchini pasta that I made...



...I brought some bacon-wrapped water chestnuts to my brother's...


...where I devoured a Thanksgiving feast of ham, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, 2 types of stuffing, cranberries, corn casserole, vegetable casserole, pickled eggs...



 ...turkey...


...some great homemade bread (thanks, Bill!)...


 ...and a touch of some turkey-shaped butter.

All together, that collection of delicious food goodness...
 .
 

...looked like this!

Meanwhile, although enthusiastic about his first Thanksgiving ever...
 .

...Max was limited to a strictly milk diet...

 

...but he didn't seem to mind.

 After finishing our plates...


...my sister-in-law brought out these decadent desserts...

...alone with a chocolate trifle, banana pudding, and probably other things I can't remember...


 ...helping me put another plate together like this...


...which I topped with some maple whipped cream.

 

(My father had the same idea.)

By the end of the evening, I was overstuffed...

 

...so I didn't take large carvings from the enormous turkey.


Instead, I wanted the carcass.


Not only was I able to pull this much meat from the bones...


...but I was able to make a turkey soup with swiss chard, carrots and stelline pasta...


...and it was nice to go simple again...

...especially after all the eating I had done.


.

1 comment: