Monday, December 3, 2012

Troikas, liver and a short nap - Mole (Mo-lay!)!


 

Friday, as the baby went through his usual cycle of eating, pooing and sleeping, my Uncle Dave and Aunt Kim stopped by with a very special baby gift...

 

 ...a specially made hand puppet.

What made it particularly special was that it is a Troika...


 ...a character from the book I wrote/illustrated...




Needless to say, Julia and I were both really moved and tearing up as we hugged and thanked them.  It was definitely the most memorable gift we've received...

 

 ...and Max seemed to like it...


 ...almost as much as his daddy.

Later that evening, we took Max out to Berardi's Restaurant in Huron so that I could get myself a good ole plate...



 ...of liver and onions with a side of famous Berardi fries.

Although rather delicious, I unfortunately couldn't eat them right away.  Max, who usually slept through dinner after a long car ride, decided to stay up this time and I let Julia eat as I fed him a bottle and bought us some eating time.  Once she finished eating, she took Max and I got to splash my plate with plenty of malt vinegar and enjoy.

So good!

Toward the end of the meal, plenty of people came up to us to admire Max and tell us about their own children and grandchildren.  It was really nice talking with everyone, especially since we are still a little wary of taking him out to eat with us (since we don't know what he's going to do).  But everyone there complimented us on how we calmed him and we felt like more confident parents in the end.

With our chests proudly out, we ended our evening with a nice drive out to Sawmill Creek Resort's Festival of Lights and relived our experience two years' ago, which you can read HERE.

Max, all the meanwhile, slept.
.....................................................................

On Sunday afternoon, I got to take a nice 20 (maybe 25?) minute nap as Julia fed the baby.  Since he was a little fussy afterwards, I offered to take him so that she could take a nap.

I rested him on my chest and he squirmed a bit before finally finding a spot...



...and falling right to sleep.

So adorable and what a wonderful way to end the weekend!

.....................................................................

Before ending this post, I would just like to compliment Julia's colleague and our friend Nanette for the wonderful mole sauce she recently made.  I added some to this morning's eggs...


...along with some avocado and cheese that I melted over.

I loved the flavors, the chocolate and the heat that all came with it.  I even dragged my finger along the container to get the remaining sauce.

You can bet I'll be making this again tomorrow!



h

1 comment: